The Waterville and District Fire Department war formed in 1924, has served the villages of Cambridge and Waterville for 82 years and was previously known as the Waterville/Cambridge Fire Department. When Grafton and Woodville joined the name became too long and it was change to Waterville & District Volunteer Fire Department. The department receives an annual operating budget from the Village of Cornwallis Square.
Usually by the first of November the requests for New Years Eve tickets begin. This event has been sold out since its onset.
The auxiliary caters to various events throughout the year and make a generous donation to the department.
The fire district begins on the east end of the sidewalk in Cambridge running to the Shaw Road and Buchanan Road as its western boundary. Tory Lane in Woodville marks the eastern line on the 221 highway running west to Pleasant Valley Road.
The northern perimeter is marked by the Bay of Fundy with the south extreme begin just beyond the Prospect Road.
Station #2 is located on Highway 221 in Woodville, on land donated by Dave Lacey. Originally an old barn styled garage, it was replaced with the present steel structure in 1990 at a cost of $110,000. The second station was created to allow a faster response to calls on the north mountain.